Monday, August 29, 2011

Whew.

T-minus 2 days before I send the rough draft of the portfolio out to former advisors.

Almost finished with my third person POV story...I'm not really sure how to wrap it up so I started making minor edits to the rest of the piece. All in all, I have one page that is completely ready to be sent out ("We Sing".) I hope tomorrow to make more edits to the piece I read for the Art of Service Show at the Brannigan. Its been so long since I've dealt with it that I hope I will have a new perspective on what needs to be done with it.

And I have absolutely no idea on where I am going with "Barfly." At all.

However, as it stands, even if I don't include "Barfly," I'll have about 27 pages done. Most schools want anywhere from 20-30 (unless you are University of Michigan. They just 'want enough to judge your work.')*

So, you all know this song and dance, Readers. EDITS! I WANT THEM! ANY FEEDBACK YOU CAN GIVE ME AND I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER AND A DAY. Leave a comment or get in touch with me by any other means (just don't stop by my house...its a wreck and I've been pretty much living in dirty pjs for the past few days).

*I'm not sure if I really plan on applying to UofM. Sure, it's a great school and very ideally located, but I'm not sure if I could get in. It's one of the most competitive in the country.

3 comments:

  1. Crap. Sorry I'm super late replying to this, but let me know if you still want/need edits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already sent out the first drafts to Carla and Christine, but I could always use more feedback! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and, of course, I don't realize you've responded to my comment until now...again, sorry about that...

    ReplyDelete

Keep it nice. I like constructive criticism, though. Anything racist, homophobic, ableist, transphobic or misogynist will not be posted. Duh.