Sunday, April 24, 2011

Flash Fiction Challenge

Happy Easter, everyone!

I have an itch to do something different, so I'm going to challenge myself to write some flash fiction. I'm going to set my limit at 100 words. Results will follow once I feel like it.

Anyone else want to get in on this challenge? Post results in the comments. Or email me (I'm pretty sure that if you are reading this blog you already have a form of contacting me).

Edit:
Thanks to Andro_Boi for reminding me of Dr. Wicked's Write or Die. There, you can input a word and a time limit, and once you start to stall (or thinking too much instead of just writing what comes to mind) the page will do a variety of things including: flashing color, deleting words, or playing awful music.

2 comments:

  1. I probably told you this already, but it would've been a while ago now, and your readers might want to know about it, too.

    Write Or Die by Dr. Wicked is a pretty good writing prompt program, available online for free at http://writeordie.com/ or $10 for the desktop edition. The word limit the user wants to reach and/or the minimum time limit can both be set, along with different levels of rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah. I still use that site whenever I just need to get some writing out. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it nice. I like constructive criticism, though. Anything racist, homophobic, ableist, transphobic or misogynist will not be posted. Duh.